AlienScientist Homepage
  AS YouTube Channel technology technology chemistry
  AS YouTube Channel technology technology chemistry

The Real Lee Harvey Oswald:

Lee Harvey Oswald’s involvement with the CIA began in 1955 when as a teenager Oswald met CIA Pilot David Ferrie, at a Civil Air Patrol meeting. As a young man Oswald was fascinated with the world of spies and intelligence, and dreamed of one day becoming a spy himself. Ferrie advised him that if he wanted to become a spy, during the height of the cold war and the battle against communism, that it would be a smart idea to craft a pro-communist cover story for himself, and evidence shows that Oswald was indeed going to great lengths to paint himself as a Marxist and Communist sympathizer during his time in the Marine Corps.

Oswald pictured with CIA Pilot David Ferrie during Civil Air Patrol meeting (1955)

While in the Marines, Oswald was stationed in Japan on the Atsugi Base which was hub for pacific intelligence at the time. Oswald had a crypto clearance and worked as a Radar Operator at the station responsible for the U-2 Spy Plane flights over Russia. These are pretty clear indications that Oswald was being groomed for work in Intelligence. At some point in his career as a US Marine, Oswald also learned to speak fluent Russian, another indication of his training as an intelligence agent. Following his tour of duty in the Marine Corps, Agent Oswald became one of 9 other agents involved in an Office of Naval Intelligence “fake defector” program to insert US spies into the Soviet Union. Oswald arrived in the Soviet Union in October 1959, carrying with him secrets of the Top Secret U-2 Spy Plane Operations being run out of Atsugi. A few months later in May 1960 the Soviets succeeded in shooting down one of the U-2 spy planes, which enflamed peace talks between Krushnev and Kennedy who were negotiating a deal to end the cold war which would have resulted in the severe loss of Military Industrial weapons contracts and sales. It is believed by many researchers and historians that Oswald passed U-2 radar intelligence to the Russians in order to prove his worth to Soviet Intelligence and increase his chances of successful infiltration. Unfortunately the Soviets didn’t buy it, and Oswald eventually returned home to the US bearing a Russian Wife, Marina. Having failed to infiltrate the Soviet Union as an undercover spy for US Counter-Intelligence, Oswald returned to the US and settled in Fort Worth, Texas around June 14, 1962.

Just a few months later on August 25, 1962 the Oswalds attend a dinner party at the home of Paul Gregory, where they meet several members of the local Russian Émigré community. One member of that community, a 51 year old Russian man named George deMohrenschildt, takes particularly keen interest in the Oswalds. George deMohrenschildt, it turns out, was a wealthy man with many well documented connections to the Texas oil business and intelligence community. During the time Lee is friends with George, he orders a .38 revolver and a Manlicher Carcano rifle by mail using the name Alek Hiddel and a P.O. Box he opened using a fake ID with the same name Alek Hiddel. Lee picks up the weapons at the post office and then proceeds to take some casual yet later infamous backyard photos of himself holding the rifle and some pamphlets.

Back in March of ‘63, Oswald had taken pictures of the Walker Residence. On April 2, 1963 The Oswalds attend a Dinner Party at the home of Ruth and Michael Paine, where General Walker is mentioned, and a week later General Walker’s window would be shot out by someone attempting to assassinate him… Many suspect that it was Oswald who fired that shot at General Walker, since Oswald decided to get out of town for a while after that and moved to New Orleans for a few months. His activities in New Orleans are also interesting.

Oswald as FBI CoIntelPro Agent?

It would appear that Agent Oswald was reassigned as an FBI informant and CoIntelPro Agent to spy on, infiltrate, and incite pro-Castro groups in the New Orleans area, in an operation supervised out of Guy Banister’s Office at 544 Camp Street. He was photographed handing out fliers for the “Fair Play for Cuba Committee”, a Pro-Castro organization, with the address of Guy Bannister’s office stamped on them. At the same time Lee was pretending to be a supporter of Castro, he attended at least one Anti-Castro meeting as well. When members of that meeting later witnessed Oswald distributing Pro-Castro literature a fight ensued, and Oswald and this other man were both arrested and spent the night in jail. The next morning Oswald requests to speak with a John Quigley of the FBI(possibly his FBI Informant Contact?), and is bailed out later that afternoon by a friend of a friend. 2 days later Oswald pleads guilty to disturbing the peace and pays a $10 fine. Oswald then debated the man he was arrested for fighting with on WDSU’s Latin Listening Post, which are among the known recordings of Oswald on historical record.

A fake Oswald and a trip to Mexico

Oswald then makes an interesting trip to Mexico City in late September of 1963, and tries to get entrance into Cuba. After this mission fails he heads to Dallas back to Marina and the Paine Family, and begins looking for work. After 2 weeks back in Dallas Ruth Paine tells Oswald about an opening at the Texas School Book Depository Building.

One Sheep-Dipped Patsy Ready to go!

By October 15, 1963 Lee Harvey Oswald was working at the Texas School Book Depository Building in Dallas, which would later become the selected motorcade route through Dealey Plaza.

By November of 1963, Lee Harvey Oswald, it appears, was a sitting duck... Oswald was well known to Intelligence circles in Dallas and New Orleans, and with his ties to Russia and pro-Communist activities he was the perfect patsy.

Now there are two

Now all it took is getting Oswald to bring a suspicious package of curtain rods into the building to further incriminate himself...

Oswald's CIA Handlers

David Atlee Phillips (October 31, 1922 ? July 7, 1988) was a Central Intelligence Agency officer for 25 years, one of a handful of people to receive the Career Intelligence Medal. He rose to become the CIA's chief of all operations in the Western hemisphere. In 1975 he founded the Association of Former Intelligence Officers (AFIO), an alumni association comprising intelligence officers from all services.

Phillips used the alias "Maurice Bishop" (not to be confused with the former prime minister of Grenada, Maurice Bishop). He used the pseudonym whilst working with Alpha 66, an organization of anti-Castro Cubans. Alpha 66's founder, Antonio Veciana, claimed that during one of his meetings with "Bishop", Lee Harvey Oswald was also in attendance. Some observers falsely note that Phillips was the officer in charge of the CIA's Mexico City station when Oswald visited the city in the fall of 1963. The Chief of Station in Mexico City was Winston Scott. Scott asked Phillips to take the number three position, "a job Howard Hunt had held in the early fifties and in which Hunt had handled, among others, an American contract agent named William F. Buckley." In a deathbed statement released in 2007, Watergate figure and CIA officer Howard Hunt named Phillips as one of the participants in the JFK assassination.

United States House Select Committee on Assassinations (HSCA) investigator Gaeton Fonzi believed Phillips was Bishop. In the HSCA's 1979 report, it stated:

"The committee suspected that Veciana was lying when he denied that the retired CIA officer was Bishop. The committee recognized that Veciana had an interest in renewing his anti-Castro operations that might have led him to protect the officer from exposure as Bishop so they could work together again. For his part, the retired officer aroused the committee's suspicion when he told the committee he did not recognize Veciana as the founder of Alpha 66, especially since the officer had once been deeply involved in Agency anti-Castro operations. Further, a former CIA case officer who was assigned from September 1960 to November 1962 to the JM/WAVE station in Miami told the committee that the retired officer had in fact used the alias, Maurice Bishop. The committee also interviewed a former assistant of the retired officer but he could not recall his former superior ever having used the name or having been referred to as Bishop."

The report went on to dismiss Veciana's testimony about the meeting:

"In the absence of corroboration or independent substantiation, the committee could not, therefore, credit Veciana's story of having met with Lee Harvey Oswald." (page 137)

George de Mohrenschildt (April 17, 1911 ? March 29, 1977) was a petroleum geologist and Professor who befriended Lee Harvey Oswald in the summer of 1962 and maintained that friendship until Oswald's death two days after the assassination of U.S. President John F. Kennedy. He had personal acquaintance with the Bouvier family, including Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy, the president's wife, when she was still a child. His testimony before the Warren Commission investigating the assassination was one of the longest of any witness.

According to Gregory Burnham George de Mohrenschildt was an "active member of 2 CIA Proprietary Organizations: The Dallas Council On World Affairs and The Crusade For A Free Europe." Other members included Abraham Zapruder, Clint Murchison, David Byrd, George H. W. Bush, Neil Mallon and Haroldson L. Hunt.

In 1961 George de Mohrenschildt was invited to lunch by J. Walton Moore. According to Edward Jay Epstein, during the meeting Moore told de Mohrenschildt about Lee Harvey Oswald living in Minsk. However, in his book on the case, I'm a Patsy (1977), he gives a different version of events: "Early in the summer of 1962 the rumors spread out among the Russian-speaking people of Dallas and Fort Worth of an unusual couple-the Oswalds. He was supposedly an ex-marine, an unfriendly and eccentric character, who had gone to Russia and brought back with him a Russian wife. He had lived in Minsk where I had spent my early childhood. And so I was curious to meet the couple and to find out what had happened to Minsk. Someone gave me Lee's address and one afternoon a friend of mine, Colonel Lawrence Orloff and I drove to Fort Worth, about 30 miles from Dallas."

Over the next few months George de Mohrenschildt took Oswald to anti-Castro meetings in Dallas. De Mohrenschildt later told Edward Jay Epstein that he was asked by J. Walton Moore to find out about Oswald's time in the Soviet Union. In return he was given help with an oil deal he was negotiating with Papa Doc Duvalier, the Haitian dictator. In March 1963, De Mohrenschildt got the contract from the Haitian government. He had assumed that this was because of the help he had given to the CIA.

In February, 1963 George de Mohrenschildt introduced Marina Oswald and Lee Harvey Oswald to Ruth Paine. On 24th April, 1963, Marina and her daughter went to live with Paine. Oswald rented a room in Dallas but stored some of his possessions in Ruth Paine?s garage. Ruth also helped Oswald to get a job at the Texas School Book Depository.

On 5th September 1976 De Mohrenschildt sent a message to George H. W. Bush, who was at that time director of the CIA: "Maybe you will be able to bring a solution to the hopeless situation I find myself in. My wife and I find ourselves surrounded by some vigilantes; our phone bugged; and we are being followed everywhere. Either FBI is involved in this or they do not want to accept my complaints. We are driven to insanity by the situation. I have been behaving like a damn fool ever since my daughter Nadya died from (cystic fibrosis) over three years ago. I tried to write, stupidly and unsuccessfully, about Lee H Oswald and must have angered a lot of people I do not know. But to punish an elderly man like myself and my highly nervous and sick wife is really too much. Could you do something to remove the net around us? This will be my last request for help and I will not annoy you any more."

Two months later George de Mohrenschildt was committed to a mental institution. According to his wife, Jeanne de Mohrenschildt, he was suffering from depression. He was taken to Parkland Hospital and underwent electroshock therapy.

In February 1977, Willem Oltmans, met George de Mohrenschildt at the library of Bishop College in Dallas, where he taught French. Oltmans later told the House Select Committee on Assassinations: "I couldn't believe my eyes. The man had changed drastically... he was nervous, trembling. It was a scared, a very, very scared person I saw. I was absolutely shocked, because I knew de Mohrenschildt as a man who wins tennis matches, who is always suntanned, who jogs every morning, who is as healthy as a bull."

According to Willem Oltmans, he confessed to being involved in the assassination of John F. Kennedy. "I am responsible. I feel responsible for the behaviour of Lee Harvey Oswald... because I guided him. I instructed him to set it up." Oltmans claimed that de Mohrenschildt had admitted serving as a middleman between Lee Harvey Oswald and H. L. Hunt in an assassination plot involving other Texas oilmen, anti-Castro Cubans, and elements of the FBI and CIA.

Oltmans told the HSCA: "He begged me to take him out of the country because they are after me." On 13th February 1977, Oltmans took de Mohrenschildt to his home in Amsterdam where they worked on his memoirs. Over the next few weeks de Mohrenschildt claimed he knew Jack Ruby and argued that Texas oilmen joined with intelligence operatives to arrange the assassination of John F. Kennedy.

Willem Oltmans arranged for George de Mohrenschildt to meet a Dutch publisher and the head of Dutch national television. The two men then travelled to Brussels. When they arrived, Oltmans mentioned that an old friend of his, a Soviet diplomat, would be joining them a bit later for lunch. De Mohrenschildt said he wanted to take a short walk before lunch. Instead, he fled to a friend's house and after a few days he flew back to the United States. He later accused Oltmans of betraying him. Russ Baker suggests in his book Family of Secrets: "Perhaps, and this would be strictly conjecture, de Mohrenschildt saw what it meant that he, like Oswald, was being placed in the company of Soviets. He was being made out to be a Soviet agent himself. And once that happened, his ultimate fate was clear."

The House Select Committee on Assassinations were informed of George de Mohrenschildt's return to the United States and sent its investigator, Gaeton Fonzi, to find him. Fonzi discovered he was living with his daughter in Palm Beach. However, Fonzi was not the only person looking for de Mohrenschildt. On 15th March 1977 he had a meeting with Edward Jay Epstein that had been arranged by the Reader's Digest magazine. Epstein offered him $4,000 for a four-day interview.

On 27th March, 1977, George de Mohrenschildt arrived at the Breakers Hotel in Palm Beach and spent the day being interviewed by Epstein. According to Epstein, they spent the day talking about his life and career up until the late 1950s.

Two days later Edward Jay Epstein asked him about Lee Harvey Oswald. As he wrote in his diary: "Then, this morning, I asked him about why he, a socialite in Dallas, sought out Oswald, a defector. His explanation, if believed, put the assassination in a new and unnerving context. He said that although he had never been a paid employee of the CIA, he had "on occasion done favors" for CIA connected officials. In turn, they had helped in his business contacts overseas. By way of example, he pointed to the contract for a survey of the Yugoslavian coast awarded to him in 1957. He assumed his "CIA connections" had arranged it for him and he provided them with reports on the Yugoslav officials in whom they had expressed interest."

Epstein and de Mohrenschildt, broke for lunch and decided to meet again at 3 p.m. George De Mohrenschildt returned to his room where he found a card from Gaeton Fonzi, an investigator working for the House Select Committee on Assassinations. George De Mohrenschildt's body was found later that day. He had apparently committed suicide by shooting himself in the mouth.

On 11th May, 1978, Jeanne de Mohrenschildt gave an interview to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, where she said that she did not accept that her husband had committed suicide. She also said that she believed Lee Harvey Oswald was an agent of the United States, possibly of the CIA, and that she was convinced he did not kill John F. Kennedy. She then went onto say: "They may get me too, but I'm not afraid... It's about time somebody looked into this thing."

It is interesting whose name appeared in DeMohrenschildt's address book, provided to House investigators after his "suicide:


An internal CIA memo dated November 29, 1975 reported that:

Through Mr. Gale Allen. . . I learned that Mr. George Bush, DCI designate, has prior knowledge of the now terminated project WUBRINY/LPDICTUM which was involved in proprietary commercial operations in Europe. He became aware of this project through Mr. Thomas J. Devine, a former CIA Staff Employee and later, oil-wildcatting associate with Mr. Bush. Their joint activities culminated in the establishment of Zapata Oil [sic] which they eventually sold. After the sale of Zapata Oil, Mr. Bush went into politics, and Mr. Devine became a member of the investment firm of Train, Cabot and Associates, New York... The attached memorandum describes the close relationship between Messrs. Devine and Bush in 1967-1968 which, according to Mr. Allen, continued while Mr. Bush was our ambassador to the United Nations.

Two agency reports from April 1963 link De Mohrenschildt and Thomas Devine (Bush's business partner and former CIA agent) together. The reports say De Mohrenschildt was going from Dallas to Haiti to secure some mineral concessions (sisal, product used to make rope). The report doesn't mention De Mohrenschildt's extensive links to intelligence, oil, etc. Haiti was the perfect cover: De Mohrenschildt had previous ties to the island because he went there in the 50s on behalf of some big oil companies.

The second report mentions De Mohrenschildt's arrival to New York the next day. He arrived at the investment banking firm of Train Cabot (CIA code name SALINE). The chief agent for SALINE was Thomas Devine.

Now that there was a benign link between De Mohrenschildt and Devine, George H W Bush could shrug off questions about his associations with Lee Harvey Oswald's best friend.

After the meeting in New York, De Mohrenschildt went to DC. The meeting was allegedly about how to topple Duvalier, the dictator of Haiti. In audience to this meeting was LBJ's military advisor Howard Burris. Now there was a benign link between De Mohrenschildt and Army Intelligence, one that was free from De Mohrenschildt's friendship of Oswald.

There are several layers of cover here for De Mohrenschildt, each plausible and each takes would-be investigators further from the truth.

Prepping a patsy

When De Mohrenschildt left for Haiti in May 1963, Oswald was a man with multiple personas, all of them capable of killing JFK.

Just six weeks before JFK was shot, Oswald landed a job at the Texas School Book Depository. Lone nut theorists state Oswald could not have known at the time he landed this job what JFK's parade route would be. However, there are only two possible routes through downtown Dallas that lead from the airport to the Trade Mart; and the Texas School Book Depository is on one of them.

The owner of the Texas School Book Depository was D Harold Byrd, friend of Clint Murchison and De Mohrenschildt. Byrd's name does not appear in the vast majority of books on the assassination. Indeed, Byrd had employed De Mohrenschildt in the 1950's at Byrd's Three States Oil and Gas Co. Just weeks before he befriended Oswald, De Mohrenschildt started a foundation for cystic fibrosis and put Byrd's wife on the board. The author speculates these connections would give Byrd and De Mohrenschildt cover if anyone found out about other links between De Mohrenschildt and Byrd.

Byrd was good friends with Air Force General Charles Cabell (whom Kennedy had fired over the Bay of Pigs). Byrd and the Cabells (both Charles and his brother Earle who was mayor of Dallas) were good friends.

According to the official documents, Oswald got the job at the Texas School Book Depository through Ruth Paine. Paine's friend Linnie Mae Randle had a brother who worked there. But Randle's brother had only started at the depository a little while before Lee. The author speculates that De Mohrenschildt may have been influential in both Randle's brother getting hired and Oswald getting hired.

About the time De Mohrenschildt broke off ties with Oswald and went to Haiti, Byrd left for Africa, thus giving himself an alibi.